|Title||ICPP 2020 comes to Gyeongju||Write Date||2018-08-06|
Gyeongju will host the 20th International Congress on Plasma Physics (ICPP) in 2020. The International Union of Pure and Applied Physics meets for the congress every two years in different parts of the world. Its goal is to discuss progress in the field of plasma science, which includes such varied topics as fusion plasmas, plasmas in astrophysics and space, plasma applications and technologies, complex plasmas, high energy density plasmas, quantum plasmas, and laser-plasma interaction.
Members of the Korea’s ICPP Bid Committee and Gyeongju CVB attended ICPP 2018 (June 4-8) in Vancouver, Canada. The committee, headed by Professor Park Hyeon-keo of the UNIST Physics department, presented its proposal to the international union’s governing body. We also operated a promo booth to publicize Gyeongju’s convention infrastructure and support system. ICPP 2020 will take place in May and is expected to attract some 700 scholars, professors, researchers, etc. from over 30 countries.
# Overview of ICPP 2020
· Event: 20th International Congress on Plasma Physics (ICPP2020)
· Dates: May, 2020 (5 days, exact date to be determined by late 2018)
· Location: HICO in Gyeongju, South Korea
· Size: ≈700 attendees from 30 countries
· Organization: International Union of Pure and Applied Physics
· Host: ICPP 2020 Organizing Committee
|Previous Gyeongju wins the bid to host ISTU 2020|
|Next Participation in MICE expo & incentives roadshows|